Monday, March 21, 2011

mommy blog 2


I am asked the question "how do you do it with two kids with special needs?"
My answer the same as you do one day at a time. I put one foot in front of the other and I face the day and I get through what the day brings.
It isn't easy or fun but it isn't impossible. There are days I cry silently through and sometimes the tears come without my wanting them to. Then there are days that are the best ever days and we laugh and wish that day could last forever.
Reality hits hard at times but I bounce back.
I don't say it is easy but it is possible to get through as long as I invite God into my day. Because with out Him in my life it would be pretty hard to cope with what life hands out. In reality even without the issues I face, if I didn't allow God in I would have a hard time coping.
Jesus has made a big difference in my life. He walks with me each day, but somedays I walk off from His presence and then I fall into the world. It is those days when I fail I come back to Him and He so graciousally excepts me where I am at.
I realize That my dreams may not be obtained, and I ask myself whose dreams are they mine or His?
It is hard to let go, but He knows best.
I would love to help out at church more but, the reality of it is I can't at this time in my life as I have Deron and Desirae to care for and God has placed them in my care. He will let me know when I can.
As a parent of special needs kids I grieve for what I feel I lost. Dreams for my kids wishes and wants for them may not be realized or come to be. But on the other hand they show me so much of what it takes to be a good person, and they show me that they can acheive alot of what they want to do. They have dreams and wishes that they can and will achieve. They see the good in places and people I might miss.
Yes in some ways my life is different but in alot of ways it is not.

I may not obtain my dreams but I am content in my life and I am placing those dreams on hold for the time being.

Jerimiah 29:11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future.....

This is what God has for me and all I need to do is call on Him and He will answer and He will listen to my hearts cry. I hold on to this promise He has given me. He has spoken this in my heart. I hold on to those precious words.

He is my guide as long as I ask for His guidance.

This is how I truimph in each day.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment